Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Racism / 2.6 Kilograms of Chocolate

to nobody in particular:

...racism is an issue in all aspects of the world...

...racism is looked down upon socially, religiously and politically...

...it came up in my family -- specifically, my wife and son -- just the other day, and it has been bothering me...

...it's not a matter of the outside, but the inside...

...and yet, when it comes to eating gummi bears, my wife and son tend to pick out the red and the white ones first, and probably eat the other ones later (if at all)...

...but me? -- no, i don't see a color issue when i peek into the gummi bear bag -- all i see is the true essence of each bear, and i know the value of each color is equal in my eyes, and i show no favortism...

...eating gummi bears, for me, does not exhibit racism...

...i only hope and trust that my spouse and offspring learn the same...

-----

..."you learn something new everyday"...

...today, i learned: there are women in the city of Berlin that will buy 26 bars of chocolate at one time...

...i walked to the store with Travis this afterhisnap, and the lady in front of us had a full cart including 26 bars (100g each) of chocolate -- all the same kind...

...truly fascinating -- you don't really see that every day...

-----

currently watching: "The Office"

No comments: